Aeroprakt Aircraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Solarguy54
Solarguy54

Our Awesome A22LS Empty Our Awesome A22LS

Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:36 pm
Our Awesome A22LS Our_a212

We bought our A22LS from Dennis Long. You can read about the decision process in my blog at kestrelaviationservices.com. Ours is a yoke version with a Rotax 912iS Sport engine. As an LSRM, I have to say that I love this engine. Very easy to work on, easy to start, and really great fuel economy. Since we have the injected engine, it came with the Dynon Skyview Touch panel.

Since we got it, I've added the Dynon module for ADS-B "in" and now we see ADS-B traffic on the Dynon. It required adding a Dynon module and upgrading the GPS antenna to the Dynon 2020 antenna. I also needed to upgrade the Dynon XPDR module from a Class 2 to a Class 1 for FAA 2020 ADS-B compliance. Dynon said you couldn't do this, you would have to sell the old one on eBay and buy a new one. But Dennis found out otherwise. The Dynon unit is actually a Trig unit and Trig upgraded mine in a day for $950.

Things on my wishlist? Autopilot, electric trim and a ballistic parachute. BUT, this is a basic trainer for our tiny LSA flight school. If I were buying an Aeroprakt for US, it would be an A32 with all the trimmings.

That being said, I must say that I love flying our A22. It is easy to land, climbs like crazy, lands short, cruises at 92 knots TAS burning less than 4 gph, is comfortable, is affordable, and has an excellent useful load. No regrets.
Flyjrg

Our Awesome A22LS Empty Re: Our Awesome A22LS

Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:51 pm
I totally agree with your positive comments. I picked my up on Tuesday and flew it to Destin FL from Little Rock AR so we could fly the coast. It makes a perfect plane for coastal viewing. I have put 16 hours on it in the first 3 days! It’s a great and fun flying airplane!
Solarguy54
Solarguy54

Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:58 pm
Nice! Is yours the yellow/white A22? To post a picture of your aircraft, you click on the button (17th button from the left; looks like a disk in front of a TV monitor) that when you hover over it says "host an image". You then select your file and upload it. It inserts some gobblydegook code into your post, and when you post, there's your airplane.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum